7pm/et: NBCSN/CBC.ca – 8pm: CBC TV
4pm: NHL Network's 2012 NHL Awards Red Carpet Show
This is probably going to be terrible and incredibly awkward. Look at the list of celebrities who will be in attendance:
The National Hockey League has increased its roster of presenters for the 2012 NHL Awards™, the annual celebration of hockey and the 2011-12 NHL season's top performances, by four with the additions of actors Eric Stonestreet ("Modern Family"), Ray Liotta ("All Things Fall Apart," "Killing Them Softly," Goodfellas"), Adam Pally ("Happy Endings") and professional dancer and TV personality Cheryl Burke ("Dancing with the Stars"). The 2012 NHL Awards at the Encore Theater at the Wynn Las Vegas on Wednesday, June 20 will be broadcast live at 7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network in the United States and online at cbcsports.ca in Canada. CBC-TV will carry the complete two-hour celebration nationally starting at 8:00 p.m. local / 8:30 p.m. NT.
- Burke, Liotta, Pally and Stonestreet join previously announced presenters, including:
- actors Kevin Connolly ("Entourage")
- Colin Hanks ("Dexter," "The Good Guys")
- Joshua Jackson ("Fringe")
- Cory Monteith ("Glee")
- Matthew Perry ("Go On," "Friends")
- Vince Vaughn ("The Watch," "Wedding Crashers," "The Break-Up")
- Michael Vartan ("Hawthorne," "Alias")
- NBC's Pierre McGuire and Eddie Olczyk
- Hockey Night in Canada's Andi Petrillo and PJ Stock
- NHL Network's Barry Melrose and Kathryn Tappen
- sports broadcaster Erin Andrews
- hockey legends Ted Lindsay and Mark Messier.
The broadcast also will feature special appearances by actors Will Arnett ("Up All Night," "Arrested Development") and Tracy Morgan ("30 Rock") and director/writer/actor Kevin Smith ("Red State," "Clerks").
Nickelback, known around the world for their powerful and spectacular live shows, headlines the 2012 NHL Awards with two live performances, presented by Verizon, on the Encore Theater stage.
At least Malkin will probably win something. Here are the finalists for the awards. Malkin is up for the Hart Trophy and the Ted Lindsay Award.