Opening day

Pens Links: May 5th, 2015

WHAT UP! Welcome to the first Pens’ Links of the summer.  I swear I will come up with a better title at some point.  Maybe July. Be gentle…it is my first time… Here is a look at what you might have missed with the Pittsburgh Penguins, the NHL, and Erreything else.  It’s more fun […]

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 12.39.39 AM

Season Recap Part 2: Reviewing the first year of Jim Rutherford

Jim Rutherford was hired on June 6, 2014. The move was brought with optimism. Ray Shero, it felt like, had over stayed his welcome. Everyone felt like a change was needed. This is what we said: The Rutherford hire isn’t the worst thing to ever happen to the Penguins franchise. The trust the fanbase has […]

Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 10.29.39 PM

Season Recap Part 1: Revisiting the first year of the David Morehouse Era

This post orginally ran on May 19th, 2014. It was an outline of the beginning of the David Morehouse era here in Pittsburgh. Morehouse’s profile says the following:   Morehouse oversaw the following in his first year as President of the Penguins world: -He hired new GM, Jim Rutherford on June 6, 2014. A quote […]

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 24:  The Pittsburgh Penguins lines up for handshakes after their series defeat against the New York Rangers in Game Five of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Madison Square Garden on April 24, 2015 in New York City.  The Rangers defeated the Penguins 2-1 to win the series and move on to the next round of the playoffs.  (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Penguins Postmortem: Analyzing the Defense

Prior to the start of Game 4 of the Penguins demise, I was watching Dan Potash interview head coach Mike Johnston on the Root Sports pregame. The conversation turned towards the Penguins breakout. When asked how the Penguins coaching staff assess the success of their breakout, Johnston said something that gave me an epiphany as to […]

2015_R1_G5

RECAP: Game 5. This is where the world ends. Pens bow out in five.

You can lose one goal games. Or you can lose by 100. IT DOES NOT MATTER. All that matters is the Penguins are done for the season. They are losers. If you think it was some accomplishment that they only lost by one goal in all their losses, you probably think you should get a trophy […]

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 4.59.24 PM

REAL: Local nanny charged with stealing stuff from Chris Kunitz’s house

WPXI broke this story on Thursday afternoon. We saw that Chris Kunitz’s babysitter was being charged with robbery and just couldn’t believe Sidney Crosby would do such a thing. But it turns out it’s Kunitz’s nanny stealing some earrings. We won’t have any more on this story as it develops.  

Quantcast