coletwittertakeover

Pens re-sign Ian Cole

He’ll get a three-year deal with an annual cap hit of $2.1 million. Cole was set to be a restricted free agent Wednesday had a deal not been made. He had one goal to go along with eight points in 20 games with the Pens last season after coming over from St. Louis for the player […]

pensanerrythingelse

Pens and Erreything Else: June 29th, 2015

Here is what you might have missed with the Pittsburgh Penguins, the NHL, and Erreything else.  It’s more fun than drafting players from North America, something the Pens know nothing about this year. IT’S A DAMNED CONSPIRACY I TELL YAS FOR THOSE EURO PLAYERSS TO INVADE OUR PURE CANADIAN SPORT.  DEY ALREADY GOT DAT EVNERGENI MALKIN […]

CIhykwdUwAAkcJn

NHL draft weekend leaves the Penguins with more questions than answers

Told you this was going to happen. Grandpa Jim Rutherford didn’t bring the putter out during the NHL draft weekend. Some think that it isn’t a bad thing – and it is true – it is better to not force something. However, the Penguins did try. And they tried hard: First – that is an awful […]

Sprong Daniel CHA

Prospect Report: Daniel Sprong

In a list of surprising fallers on day two of the 2015 NHL draft, the Penguins were able to get a steal by selecting Daniel Sprong from the Charlottetown Islanders of the QMJHL. Most of the major draft outlets had Sprong ranked somewhere around the 20-28 range. Personally, I had him at 24. So let’s […]

0121-draft15

2015 NHL Draft Live Blog

Pens in on Kessel? Sharp? Will Jim Rutherford stay awake? Welcome to the 2015 Draft liveblog -which probably won’t be that long.

CIb9u9dUAAAQsaW-1

Draft day rumor round up: Sharp, Kessel, St.Louis?

It is that special time again. The night we hear a bunch of rumors – then we are let down as nothing happens. But is there hope? Maybe someone will spot Jim Rutherford roaming Ft. Lauderdale streets with a putter headed towards PF changs – because you know he loves that. But really – we […]

0121-draft15

2015 Penguins Draft Endorsement List

This will be my tenth year writing about the NHL draft and putting together a list of detailed profiles of players  I hope the Penguins can steal with their first selection in the draft. I’m very excited to officially bring this list to the Pensblog for the first time. If you’ve not read my pre-draft […]

pensanerrythingelse

Pens and Erreything Else: June 24th, 2015

Here is what you might have missed with the Pittsburgh Penguins, the NHL, and Erreything else.  It’s more fun that trading Geno for Oshie and Backes. THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS – So do we want to do actual news, wild trade speculation, or expert analysis???  Trades, huh….alright… – The ruiners of fun over […]

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 10.52.31 PM

LOL

” Trade Evgeni Malkin for David Backes and T.J. Oshie.” T.J Oshie: David Backes:     Malkin:  

3170__nhl_draft-primary-2014

Revisiting The Penguins 2014 Draft Class

Drafting is about as inexact of a science as you’ll find. Year after year, NHL clubs labor over in-person viewings, video, and player interviews to determine the best fit for their hockey club. With curves like development, injuries, and mental stability waiting in the wings to throw wrenches into the best laid plans, we take […]

Quantcast