This was the Penguins’ lineup on October 21, 2013, against the Avs:
The big names missing are Kris Letang and James Neal. Dupuis was playing. The Penguins lost that game 1-0 on home ice, going 0 for 7 on the power play.
This was the lineup Sunday night in Colorado:
We were quick to write off this game due to injuries, and just because the Pens won doesn’t change that for us. Game 1’s lineup will look nothing like this. Good stuff, though.
This was actually an entertaining game for some reason. The Avs looked tired after blanking the Blues on Saturday, and the Penguins jumped out to a 2-0 lead thanks to Brandon Sutter.
This goal made it 2-0:
– Adam Payerl made his NHL debut for the Penguins. He’s one of Shero’s undrafted retreads. He actually played well and had a few scoring chances. Hopefully he’s allowed to play next season.
– Marc-Andre Fleury had a strong game despite giving up two third-period goals. Interesting that he seemed to be upright a lot more for whatever reason.
– Robert Bortuzzo in the playoffs. He’s regressed dramatically over this past month. If Bortuzzo gets any playoff action, have your vomit bag close. He wasn’t good in this game.
– 6:52 for Megna. And a penalty. Really no clue why he’s not given more ice time. Oh, well.
ROOT SPORTS IS HORRIBLE
Totally just the worst.
– Nice Penguin fan presence out in Colorado.