Free agency is well under way. Here’s what has happened so far when it comes to the Pens:
- Christian Ehrhoff, D, 1 year/$4 million per year
- Thomas Greiss, G, 1 year/$1 million per year
- Blake Comeau, LW, 1 year/$700k per year
Rutherford says that Kulemin is now unlikely.
- Jussi Jokinen, to Florida, 4 years/$4 million per year
- Brooks Orpik, to Washington, 5 years/$5.5 million per year
- Tanner Glass, to New York Rangers, 3 years/$1.45 million per year
- Joe Vitale, to Arizona, 3 years/$1,116,667 per year
- Deryk Engelland, to Calgary Flames, 3 years/$2.9 million per year
The Orpik and Engelland contracts stick out as being particularly ridiculous. Matt Niskanen is going to make all of the money ever.
Rutherford’s signings all look completely reasonable to us, especially when compared to the Orpik and Engelland deals.