Pens swept their three-game Southeast trip. Can't remember the last time that happened.
Florida sucks, and this game was pretty boring. Unlimited Pens fans in attendance.
This tweet sums up our feelings as the Pens move into the biggest week of the season:
– Brenden Morrow was a monster in this game. He had three points. But it wasn't just that. He was physical and carried the load. He just missed getting a hat trick. He nearly got a piece of Kris Letang's first goal:
– Overall, the Pens are playing a much more physical style. The last two games have been way more hard-hitting than usual. 40 hits in this one.
– Beau Bennett continues his strong season. Two primary assists. First multi-point game. Might have something to do with the James Neal hoodie.
– Kris Letang played 28 minutes. Good God.
– At the end of the game when Morrow was putting home the empty-netter, look at all the Pens fans:
There were ongoing Pens chants throughout the game.
Biggest moment of the game
With the Pens on a late powerplay and leading by one, Kris Letang inexplicably turned over the puck, and it resulted in a partial Tomas Fleischmann breakaway. Fleury turned it away.